BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

the bee's knees.

Spring 2010 Trend #2: Knee High or Over-the-Knee Socks
alexander wang spring/summer 2010 collection
tracy reese

To be honest, I've always loved this trend. Ever since I was a little girl, I thought that knee high socks were the cutest thing in the world. I secretly wanted to be a Catholic School girl just so I could wear some. And you know what, in 2007, it happened. My dream of being a Catholic School girl came true when I was sent to Catholic school in 7th grade. But that's not the point of this post.

Here I'm going to tell you some simple guidelines when picking out those knee high socks!

1. Like I said before: knee high socks made me think of a Catholic School girl. But, in reality, that's not the look that you really want to go for. You want to go for hip, high fashion, and hot. Therefore, when matching up some socks with a skirt, avoid plaid prints. If not, you'll go straight to fashion hell.

2. Find the right length of socks for you. If you have more muscular thighs, don't get thigh high socks or they're bring more attention to those strong thighs of yours. Try some socks that hit right below your knee for it creates a more flattering line of your leg.

3. If you're short (like me), go for the knee highs and pair them up with a shorter hemline. Show some leg, girl! Because the shorter sock and shorter hemline create the illusion of having legs that are a mile long. What shorty wouldn't want that. General rule: don't pick a hemline that is longer than mid-thigh.

4. If it's a little chilly out, go for some knitted socks! But avoid chunky knits because they were sooooo 2007.

5. My favorite fashion trend: knee high socks over tights. I've done it before, and I felt absolutely chic. Experiment with different colors and textures of socks to go over some sheer, patterned tights. And I promise, you will look fab.u.lous.

I found this really cool website called Polyvore where it lets you create your own looks with different pieces of clothing from different stores! So, here's the knee-high sock outfit that I created. I threw in another spring fashion trend in there, can you figure what it is?

0 comments: